Thursday, September 10, 2009

Second day of school

Brayden attends school on Mon, Tues and Thursday so today was he second day of school. He did much better on the bus today. Although when I was telling him the bus was coming, especially when he would hear the bus and they started loading him, he had this look on his face like he was perturbed about the bus. His brows were furrowed and his bottom lip out a bit, with a look of concern about this whole bus thing.

He did not cry on the bus and when he arrived at school, he slept for the first hour. They woke him with a song and noise makers during the class circle time. Today he worked on sitting in a new chair (not sure what the chair is yet, I did not see it) and he did some work with switches. He did start to cry on the bus during the drive home, once him came inside the house he stopped. Then toke a long nap.

Yes, I did go to the school again today. I promise I will not go everyday, even though I want to.

Yes, it is was still hard to see he ride away in the bus.

It is hard for me to adjust to this. My thought is that is has to be overwhelming for him. He cannot see so he relies on his other senses. Do you think the smell of a bus is comforting? Or the sound of strangers, the bus driver and aid? Then going to school, still a new place with new noises (and probably smells). Asking him to trust these complete strangers. Who knows how he processes all of this.
I know he will get the hang of it soon, as will I.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I was thinking about you this morning and Brayden's second day of school. (I love his new chair.)

K said...

Go Brayden!!! We'll be praying for you guys as you adjust to his new experience - you're doing great!

the deKorne family said...

He looks so precious...you are such a great Mom. I hope that I am like you when I grow up!

PotterMama said...

Hang in there. He is such a cute boy and you are so inspiring to many (me!)

Michelle said...

Yeah for Brayden, it is so hard and you are such a wonderful mom even worrying about him, instead of all the things I can get done now that he is at school, you are truly blessed with the love in your heart.

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

He looks so grown up in these pictures (and the first day as well). I am glad that he is getting the hang of it.

The thought of school terrifies me (my daughter will go next year). Does he have to take the bus? Or was that your choice to give him some independence? I am not sure which would give me more anxiety the bus or being at school...