Tuesday, September 15, 2009

All in School

Today it happened.

For the first time ever, all of my boys were in school. Carter in 1st grade, Luke in preschool, Brayden in special ed preschool.

I was alone. All by myself for a few hours.

What to do?

I went out for a coffee. A pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks was calling my name.

I had no one calling my name. No, Mommy? Or MOMMY!

No school calling me to get Brayden, huge relief.

Just me, a coffee (oh and a slice of pumpkin bread, I love anything pumpkin) and silence.

I missed my boys.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

YEAH!! This is wonderful news. I am so glad you were able to have some time to yourself with a coffee and treat. It sounds like a perfect morning.

PotterMama said...

Hooray for some mommy time!
I bet your boys missed you as well.
Your a great mom-and I love starbucks!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I also love anything pumpkin!! I was so excited when I went to Starbuck's the other day and saw that the pumpkin spice lattes are back. YAY! :)

Isn't it awesome to have some YOU time?

Andrea said...

I have to admit that I can't wait for that day and this baby hasn't even been born yet. It was actually (and selfishly) something I thought when that pregnancy test turned positive and in my head popped, "Argh! It's going to take this much longer to be empty nesters!" Now we're excited, but I still wait for the day when everyone is in school and I have a couple hours of quiet! I'm sure I'll miss them, but right now I can't picture that one yet. ;)

Michelle said...

Glad you got the chance to have some well deserved Mommy time.