Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Give me Kisses

Sit up
And say
Give me kisses.

Brayden is attempting to sit up with support and trying to find the confidence to hold his head. He cannot roll over, let alone find his way to a sitting position so we prop him up and he acts like such a big boy. He is not always aware of how his body moves but has these moments of wonderful coordinated effort. Months ago he would not even bend and now he actually enjoys being upright. It requires a lot of effort, it exhausts him and still he wants to sit up.

It is remarkable to find that he is understanding our words. He cries if we say "bed" and he does not want to go, he braces when we say "up, up" to pick him up and he kisses when asked...

The kisses are open mouth, a bit messy and we love them.

We taped this yesterday; snow here in Virginia, today ice and two days of no school. The boys and I were camped out in the basement after a long day of playing in the snow. The cleaning ladies were upstairs and we needed to stay out of their way, thus the basement. Trying to find something to occupy the time (instead of video games), I brought out the camcorder. The boys watched their sledding skills taped earlier in the day and then we decided to get Brayden on camera. Carter and Luke did the videotaping. Luke got bored with it and you can hear him playing skee ball in the background.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic:-) How sweet that Cater wanted in on the kisses. Enjoy the snow/ice.

nate and liz said...

Hey there Carrie,

I am relatively new to Reston Bible and mom's connection. We moved from WARM =) S.A., Tx. I was touched by your story, that is still unfolding, and asked for prayer for you and your family on my blog. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that you have Texans wrapping you in prayer! I would love to meet you sometime! I have 3 children, ages 4,2, and 7 months. So I have a little understanding of how busy you are. Blessings and love to you and your family,
Elizabeth Sullivan

nate and liz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle said...

Too sweet, sloppy wet kisses are the best! Keep up the good work, your strength is inspring.

Debbie said...

Oh Carrie!!! He is doing so great! I love those sweet slobbery open mouth kisses...it just melts my heart!

K said...

Seriously, that video is the cutest thing EVER!!! Brayden is so sweet!

Leah said...

KISSES! I love seeing Brayden, he is such a strong little boy and he gives us such hope for our little cowboy! i can't wait for kisses.

Keri said...

The video is fabulous. Brayden, what a sweetheart! Aren't his sloppy kisses the best?

Glad to see him sitting up, even if it is supported. I thought he did a fantastic job holding up his head. It is hard work and I'm very proud of the little man! Big hugs to you and yours!

Shannon said...

I loved seeing the video of Brayden. He is adorable and I can't wait to meet him in person.

Anonymous said...

So precious! You have such an amazing, wonderful family.