I need some planning. I know that Make-a-Wish plans most things and I know that they know what they are doing. But I like planning. Any trip we go on, I start gathering all of our gear in a spare room. In that room are two lists: things that need to get packed and things to shop for. Over a period of a couple of weeks, I tweak the lists, finally having every last detail covered and things packed.
Traveling with Brayden requires an entirely separate list. Brayden's gear and needs require a lot of thinking, planning and packing. Amazingly, Make-a-Wish tries to coordinate with a medical supply company to provide much of Brayden's supplies there in Orlando (suction machine, cases of glass bottles for his food, case of cans for his food, food bags, IV pole, pulse ox monitor, etc.)
Now that we are flying I start to think of all kinds of questions (please feel free to answer any of them, you well seasoned fliers):
- Can we take a cooler with all of his medications and some of formulas as a carry on?
- Can we take his feeding pump and bag on the plane? A small travel oxygen tank? Both as carry ons?
- I assume Brayden sits in his car seat on the plane...which way does it face because he needs it to recline?
- We can wheel his wheelchair right up to the plane to unload him and then they take GOOD care of his wheelchair? Then return it to use before deboarding the plane?
- With all of the things he needs as carry ons, can any of the rest of us have carry ons?
- What are the must sees? The boys are 8, 6 and 3 (almost four yrs old!)
- What are the must dos? (Character meals, shows, etc.) I know nothing about Universal Studios.
- Tips on planning out our week?
- Things to by-pass
I welcome any and all helpful hints!