Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Food is good...so good

I went to the grocery store today hungry... very hungry. I got all the things on my list but then I passed by a treat. I have not had these in years, many years. Carter and Luke have never had them. For the most part the boys eat organic/natural and healthy foods, they have no idea what ho-hos are or twinkies are; so I justified buying them because I thought that the boys have no idea what real "quality" junk food is and how tasty it can be. It could be a nice treat (and it was on sale).

Notice the box was open. I ate one before I got home (it did not taste as good as I remember).

Brayden has never really tasted food. He had a brief moment of about 2-3 weeks when he got about 1-2 tablespoons of baby food mixed with cereal and water and one vacation where he ate a little bit of sweet potatoes. It has been almost a year of not one drop of food going into his mouth.

You can imagine life without food?! Life without the joy of getting a sweet treat or sitting down to eat your favorite meal?! Food is such a big part of our lives and for Brayden is just a tube with formula...boring.

1 comment:

K said...

Carrie - have you made a book out of this blog?