Thursday, March 4, 2010

Luke and Brayden

Luke asked me if he could get Brayden off the bus. I said yes. He ran outside and waited at the end of the driveway. I yelled down to him that the bus was not coming for another 10 minutes. He said that he would wait and watch so he could be right there for Brayden.

And he pushed Brayden up to the house and on to the lift in to the house. Luke told me that Brayden preferred him to do it rather than mommy.

A day later, Luke decided that he wanted to play board games. I told him that I could not because I had to do some things around the house. He quickly replied that he did not want to play with me but Brayden.

They played a round of Candyland and Guess Who. Luke encouraged Brayden right along, "Good job Brayden, you are winning!"

Luke is the one who most fills in for Brayden's lack of words. Sometimes proclaiming that "Brayden wants to watch a movie!", really it is what Luke wants. Brayden does not seem to mind at all and likes the attention/entertainment that Luke provides.

6 comments:

The VW's said...

How sweet!!! The pure love of a brother! I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure that Luke is right when he says that Brayden likes it when he gets him from the bus, instead of Momma!

Our boys sometimes fight over who is going to get Gavin from the bus each day. And, sometimes it's all 3 of them running down the driveway to get him! In fact, when I go alone to get him, the driver says "Where's the entourage today? Gavin likes it when his brothers come to get him." I need to take some pictures of that one day!

It is such a blessing that our other boys have such love for our special kiddos! I am so in love with your Brayden and now I have a special place in my heart for your Luke as well! HUGS!!!

Mo said...

Getting Brayden off the bus and WANTING to....priceless.

Courtney said...

aren't kids amazing?? LOVE sibling love!!!

Shannon said...

Lovely.

Keri said...

An amazing bond! I'll even admit that it made my eyes swell along with a smile ear to ear. Gorgeous boys!

Megan said...

This is such a great post. What a heart that Luke has for his brother!