Sunday, January 4, 2009

Give me cuddles

Brayden gave some good cuddles today. If cuddles where a therapy goal for him these past 20 months, he might be falling short. However the last few weeks have brought moments like this.

This afternoon, Brayden nestled into daddy's shoulder and was fast asleep.

It might not seem like a big deal but to us it is moments we have been waiting for. Brayden has spent most of his life in an awkward arch with tight muscles, making it hard to hold him and even harder to cuddle. He rarely falls asleep when someone is holding him and never (until today) would fall asleep with his face up against someone.
Oooo, bring on some more cuddles!

8 comments:

Leah said...

who would have thought that cuddles would count for 4 of the items on your "wish list"!? what a precious face and what a good feeling to have that little guy so close. i know we love those moments, i'm glad to see that you are enjoying them too!

Happy holidays!

Keri said...

Brayden defines precious! Your photos are absolutely adorable. It is a big deal and I'm happy you've experienced a moment. It's amazing what things we've learned not to take for granted. May you have many more of these moments!

Thank you so much for adding Logan! I love spreading awareness. I will also be adding Brayden to Logan's kool kids club.

Courtney said...

those pictures are SO precious!

Melissa said...

Happy for you all..

Leanna said...

Hi! I found you through Keri (Logan) and have to say I know exactly how you feel. My baby (youngest of 3 boys) has CP. I would LOVE for him to fall asleep cuddling/sleeping next to me but the only way he will go to sleep (and not for very long) is laying on his belly, on the floor, patting his bottom.(doing this as I type...lol)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture. I will count my blessings every time I get to cuddle with my boys.

Demorest Designs said...

we will pray for more cuddles...

Debbie said...

He is just melting into Jeremy! He looks so relaxed and just so yummy and cuddly...love it...