Thursday, February 2, 2012

Collector

Ever watch the show American Pickers or Storage Wars?  People looking for some special item, something collectible or even just something to sell to those collectors.  Some people collect antiques, Stars Wars memorabilia, cars, etc. Watching such shows, I came realize that you can find a collector for just about anything (try to watch Hoarders, yikes).

While I am a collector, it is not something for fun.
That is correct.  I am collecting Brayden's urine.  For the next 24 hours, I am armed with urine collection bags.  Tip I learned from a few nurses, to cut a hole in the diaper to help it stay in the bag.
 
Did I mention it should be refriegerated?  That is delightful.

We will take the collection to the doctor tomorrow.  The concern - Brayden's diapers have been too dry.  We know exactly how much liquid he gets in a day, down to the ml.  He is hooked up to his feeding pump 20 hours a day, not mention the water flushes he gets throughout the day.  He should be having more wet diapers.  His nurse even thought I was changing his diapers before she came in the morning (she comes at 6:30 a.m. and I am not waking him to change the diaper). 

At least I am not collecting poop this time...

No comments: