Tuesday, October 6, 2009

More from the Fair

Yes, the fair was an adventure (see previous post below). So many tidbits to blog about.

Here is another.

One of our first stops at the fair was a silhouette cutting booth. I am a sucker for getting take-aways from any fair.

I thought it could be fun to have Brayden's done (although a little curious to see what his little microcelphaly head would look like). I asked the people if they would be willing to do Brayden's. They said yes but thought it would be best to come back when he was awake. I responded kindly with an explanation that he cannot sit up on his own so sleeping would be no different than awake, other than his eyes.

The women politely asked me what was wrong with him. I responded the best I could with my typical answer of "brain abnormalities and cerebral palsy". The women seemed to not know what to do with my answer to her question. As she finished up and handed me Brayden's silhouette she tried to offer me kind words of "Maybe he will grow out of it."

She did give him a nice round head (his is actually quite small and a bit flat) for his silhouette.

1 comment:

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

When I hear about someone asking "what is wrong with him" it makes me cringe. I am not sure how people should ask, but I just don't think "wrong" is the right way to go about it. I haven't gotten many questions like that yet, but really need to figure out how to respond to them now because I know they are coming.