Sunday, November 11, 2012

Have my grove back?

I feel normal.  Like, actual normal.  Brayden's life is so manageable right now.  Dare I say we have hit a plateau...a break from the roller coaster ride of emergencies and hospitals.

I have been busy with normal activities for once.  I can actually volunteer at school, go to Carter and Luke's sports (they both had a great football season), see friends...we get to have people over to the house.  I love the noise of boys playing and friends hanging out.  As such simple things but things many of take for granted. I feel so normal.

I feel like myself, rather than a fractured, tired, frazzled version of myself.  I have not felt like this since before being pregnant with Brayden (I do not have great pregnancies and since the moment Brayden was born, his life brought those roller coaster rides).

Brayden is at school Mon-Fri from 10:30-2:30.  He has been doing really well at school.  We have a nurse about 40 hours a week.  Brayden is able to get out and handle being out a lot better.  The majority of Brayden's medical needs are manageable and we do not have to see the doctors nearly as much.  Yes, we still deal with seizures, GI problems and hip issues but we can handle them.  This has been a long stretch without hospital stays or ER visits...ahhh the calm.

Have we found our grove?

And there is time for silliness.  Carter holding Brayden's self portrait that Brayden made (with help) at school.

3 comments:

the deKorne family said...

This makes me so happy for you!!!!!!!

Debbie said...

SO cool...and SO deserved!
I love the self portrait :)

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Finding your groove sounds like a beautiful thing! Happy to hear this!