Lots of prayers are being answered. Thank the Lord.
The good news:
- Brayden's new wheelchair has been ordered, a Zippie Iris. We also order a stander for Brayden to have at home (he currently only uses one at school).
- Ultrasound and Nephrologist - No sign of kidney stones, despite the calcium in his urine being incredibly high. Continue with the Bicitra medication and lots of water in addition to his formula. He will have lots of labs and urine test in a couple of months.
- Surgeon - The new j-tube is working and no problems. A little leakage and skin irritation but that is to be expected and go away soon. The g-tube is good too.
- Neurologist - Seizures are looking good...I should say lack of seizures are looking good. Since coming home from the hospital with two new medications, Brayden has a major seizure only 1 time every 3-4 days. Continue with the current medications and the ketogenic diet.
- GI & Keto clinic - And...Brayden has gained weight! About .5 - 1 lb. of weight gain. We have been crushing Creon (6 capsules) and putting it into his formula. We have also replaced a bit of the Microlipid fat for another fat called MCT oil, hoping that Brayden would absorb it better, which seems to be working. This is great because Brayden can continue on the ketogenic diet and we do not have to check in with the clinic for two whole weeks.