Monday, December 14, 2009

The morning is not my favorite time of day

I am not a morning person...never have been and may not ever be.

Getting kids ready for school is a challenge. At least they can help get themselves ready.

Getting Brayden ready for school is a challenge.

Brayden needs to have his stomach suctioned for about 30 minutes. Then we do meds...I am measuring things out to the .25 ml and cutting little tablets into 1/4. Some medications go in the G-tube, others into the J-tube. Flush with lots of water.

I make his formula for the day. Fill to 13 oz of water, then 1 scoop of formula, 2, 3, 4...I am tired, what number was I on? Oh, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 1/2. Shake and shake, it doesn't seem to mix well. Set up the feeding pump and ready to use once he is at school.

Wash his face...he does not like it.

Get Brayden dressed...he does not like getting dressed. He cries and screams. His arms and legs are tight because he doesn't want to get dressed. I fish the shelves on one arm and then another. Fish his pants on. Jam his socks on, then his shoes...he curls his toes. Then try to put on his coat and hat. There is no hurrying to get him dressed, it is tedious.

Put him in his wheelchair. One buckle on, the other buckle on. Got backpack, feeding pump, rags, blanket.

Off to the bus at about 6:45 a.m. Ride the wheelchair lift down, wheel him down to the bus...all the while I am barely functioning cause I am not a morning person...trying to focus and get all the things done...still in my pajamas, large sweatshirt and shoes, hair a mess, old glasses...it is a good look.
I come back inside and get myself together. I cannot forget to get Carter and Luke ready for school...and the dog is always in the mix.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

wow...

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Mom's work is never done! We start early, we finish late and hope we get some rest in between!

Shannon said...

I was exhausted just reading your post. You have so much to do to prepare. Wow. Love the photo by the way - very styling. :)